When we got back from Latvia, we were asked by our agency if we would consider going back to adopt another child. Back in November the ministry had sent the photo and information for a 3 year old girl with Down syndrome and a heart defect. At that time, we said that we were committed to traveling to meet the older girls.
After our trip, not only were we worn out and discouraged, but we thought it would not be possible because of time and money to go back. However, God began speaking to our hearts and within just a few weeks, every single obstacle was removed and resolved. It was nothing short of miraculous to watch the impossible become possible.
Yesterday, we received a new referral from Latvia and were told by our agency to let them know when we wanted to plan our trip. So, yes...we're going back!
We feel confident that this will be a good fit for everyone. All of this little girl's special needs are things we have experience with and she's just a little older than Ally when we brought her home.
We are still sad about how the first part of our adoption worked out. We are not adopting this little one instead of the older girls. We're adopting this little one instead of adopting no one. We came face to face with what we could not do and we had to decide if we were going to let that keep us from doing what we can do. With God's help, we want to keep going.
We're looking forward to sharing the rest of the story.