Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall Update

I promised to update on how our little Ally-girl is doing. She's doing so well that it's hard to believe that she's been here less than a year.

She's still such a tiny girl, but she was such a baby when she came home and she is looking less and less like a baby and more and more like a big girl. Her hair has grown out and is shiny and beautiful, although she still doesn't like having her hair done.

She still sleeps and eats well. Overall, she's an easy-going little sweetheart.

Her favorite thing is being included. She loves sitting with everyone else and doing whatever they're doing. She now cries if I leave the house without her or sometimes she'll even sit outside the bathroom door and cry...poor little one. But I'm glad that she's learning to express her feelings.

One night we had a fire at my dad's house and everyone was roasting marshmallows. She wouldn't eat a marshmallow and I'm not sure she understood exactly what they were doing with them, but she wanted one on a stick. It didn't quite reach the fire, but she sat as happy as can be "roasting" her marshmallow.





She's had a great fall so far. She enjoyed a trip to orchard and loved seeing the animals and having donuts and cider after all the fun.











We're really looking forward to Ally's first Thanksgiving and Christmas here at home. She is such a blessing to our family and we thank God for her every day.

4 comments:

  1. Now I am sitting with a silly smile on my face. Such a nice update with great news. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness -- Bella cries everytime I leave the house, too. She even cries if I hold someone else on my lap. I am also looking forward to Christmas and Thanksgiving with our new girls. I love this time of year! Enjoyed your update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!! We just committed to our DAUGHTER today :)! I just got the referral on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ally really is looking like such a big girl! What a blessing that she fits right in so well!

    ReplyDelete